Discoveries

Jan 29, 2017

Along the path of our life, when we pause to reflect, we may realise that our priorities, goals, meaning in relationships, ambitions and fears change as we grow older and wiser.

10 years ago, this time, I was beaming with pride. I was excited to be a new bride in the next 10 days. My current goals, relationships, pride, fears all have no semblence to the 25 year old me.

Recently, I read a poem on kindness. It expressed something like this: "To know and show real kindness, you must have been really, really sad and heart broken". I had my share of sadness and heart break in the last 10 years. It changed the course of my life. I mellowed down as a person. Pride and ambitions slowly lost their sense on my standing.

I'm learning to be comfortable in my own skin. Slowing down and not being busy is acceptable as my current life style. Reflecting and creating conscious experiences is now a way of life.

With that being said, I'm ready for my second act in this society, as a student and teacher of yoga and  Vedanta philosophies.

I'm grateful for the blessings in my life and the way it has unfolded. Without the burden of regrets and guilt, I feel ready to take on this journey as it unfolds.

I'm writing this blog to express my learnings along this path and for my children to read these one day and reflect on them. I want my children to know that when they are still pure and innocent, their mom was engrossed in pursing these studies for her benefit and their benefit :) .

ॐ शांति: शांति: शांति:



No comments:

Post a Comment